Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 6:30pm
Location: Bonner Elementary School Library
I. Call to Order at 2:26pm; Opening and Welcome to all at the general meeting by Angela Dimalanta.
II. Introductions/Roll Call
Paul Catania, Principal
Angela Dimalanta, President
Latoya Smith, VP-Ways & Means
Libby Camisso, VP-Programs
Sonja Sisco, VP-Membership
Judy Wax, Treasurer
Ena Friley, Secretary
Pamela Truncale, Watch D.O.G.S.
Jennifer Wright, Teacher Representative
Laura Armstrong, Volunteer Spot
Victoria Vesp, Teacher Representative
Valerie James, LMC
Steve Cochran, Chess Club
III. Motion to approve the Minutes from Board Meeting of 9-18-2012 by voting members of the Board. Motion carried. Minutes approved.
IV. Introduction/Officer’s Reports
a. President’s Report – Angela Dimalanta
b. Treasurer’s Report – Judy Wax
1. Check # 2013 - Sonja Sisco/Open House - $140.32
2. Check # 2014 – Ena Friley/Student Birthdays - $14.90
3. Check # 2015 – Angela Dimalanta/Read-A-Thon - $265.15
4. Check #2016 – Kari Dolembo/Picnic - $19.98
c. Vice President(s)’ Reports
1. Latoya is currently working on dates for sponsorships and donations for Bonner. The outlook for businesses is approximately 45 days for availability of donations prior to any event.
2. Discussion occurred about what companies have donated already, and what businesses have been contacted already.
a. Businesses who have been contacted include: Target, Wal-Mart, Mimi’s Café, Costco, Sam’s Club, Coca-Cola, and
3. Discussion about getting grants for the school from large companies.
4. Latoya is also keeping track of all in kind donations in order to keep track of how much is really needed in order to run the PTA.
1. Encouraged the people at the general meeting to volunteer, and to tell friends about the great volunteering opportunities.
2. Libby let people know that there are still open positions to chair/co-chair for committee positions.
3. We are still in search of a guest speaker for the General Meeting on Oct. 9th (6:30pm). We want to promote Halloween safety and stranger danger.
4. Heads up for future evening meeting, Fitness Theme
1. The current Bonner PTA membership count is 487 members.
2. Membership dues to the National PTA will be sent at the end of October 2012.
3. Lanyards are given only to Persons who have signed up and paid for their PTA membership.
4. Teachers will be updated if there are any changes to PTA membership for their classroom totals.
5. To increase PTA memberships, a PTA bulletin board will be created showing classroom totals and percentages.
6. Classroom incentives are up for discussion. For example, 50% membership = Otter Pops for the classroom, 75% membership = Extra Recess and storybook visit by a Jedi; 100% membership = Pizza party.
1. Ena handed out flyers and explained PZQ2, Pay as you Go; a ballot question put out by CCSD up for vote at the November 2012 Election.
1. Thanks to everyone’s support of the Bonner PTA
1. Student Council is collecting Fresh and Easy receipts totaling $20 or higher.
V. Unfinished Business
a. The Bylaws, which are the rules by which we govern our PTA, need to be reviewed and approved by the General Membership.
i. Voting and adoption of the Bylaws will occur on November 15, 2012 at the General Membership meeting at 2:20pm.
b. The 2012 Budget has been presented. Paul Catania motioned to have the Budget approved, Pam Truncale seconded. All in favor. The motion carried.
c. Watch DOGS and Drop Off Zone – Pam Truncale
1. Fathers/Father figures do not need to attend the kick off in order to be a Watch DOG. The calendar will be available in the lobby.
d. Trunk-or-Treat – Patti Giron, Chair (absent)
VI. New Business
a. Read-A-Thon Fundraiser: It is a 14 day reading program to get kids reading first of all, and it gives kids a chance to do a bit of fundraising at the same time.
b. Chess Club - Steve Cochran
c. Donuts for Dads – Thursday, November 8th.
d. Volunteer Spot – Laura Armstrong
e. Pay As You Go/ PZQ2 discussed above under the Secretary’s Report.
f. Committee Sign-Ups discussed above, under Vice President/Programs report.
g. Child ID Program – Two volunteers are needed for Wednesday, October 3rd beginning at 9:15am. The volunteers will be responsible for taking children out of classrooms who are participating.
h. Cross Walk Danger Campaign will begin next week. This campaign is sponsored by channel 13. Pledge forms will be given to Bonner families in the upcoming weeks.
a. The next General Membership meeting is on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 6:30pm.
b. Important Upcoming dates:
c. Pick up a calendar or sign up to have one e-mailed to you.
VIII. Adjournment at 3:32pm
General meetings take place in The Multipurpose Room. Everyone is welcomed and encouraged to attend our General Meetings.
General Meetings will be announced prior to the meeting. Times will rotate between afterschool meetings and evening meetings to make them more accessible to all.
Treasurer's Report to come!